Friday, March 2, 2012

Temporary Detour

My husband's father passed away last Tuesday, so he had to travel to Arkansas to meet and greet the family and help to lay him to rest.  His absence required my attention to matters here at home, that he usually takes care of, especially when it came to the doggies.  So, I did very little work on my Dining Room Art.

But here are a couple more pics:


These are some paper and burlap flowers that I made to be added to the big canvas.  I may have to hot glue them to the canvas due to their size and the burlap ones are heavy.  


This paper is from the Prima Madeline line and it is quite lovely.  I tore off strips like you see above, wet the paper with water, crumpled it up, to give it character, and then began to mold the vines for the flowers.  


Once I decoupaged the back of the paper, I rolled it up into skinny long stems and shaped them into various shapes so they look like a branch.  More pics on that soon.

IN THE MEANTIME:
This really should be another post, but I'm gonna go ahead and continue here because it is part of the detour stated in the title of this post!

I started taking an online class with Christy Tomlinson, of Scarlett Lime, and I am abolutely in love with mixed media art journaling and canvas painting.

My class is called the She Art Workshop and she teaches us how to use all sorts of mediums on canvas to create works of art with girls, hence the "She Art!"  I made my first girl in my SMASH journal, which I am treating as my art journal because it is already so much fun to use and the pages are thick and I've spent time decorating it and it is ORANGE!

I loved my first girl and now wish I had done her on canvas so I could hang her up somewhere:


You can't really tell the texture on the page with this 3-D and dark pic.  The flowers are 3d, the burlap banner and boots are awesome, the butterfly in her hair is 3d.  She is gorgeous.  No face.  There's a reason for that.  I'll tell you later! 

I am slowly getting through the classes and love repeating them.  There is so much content and so much to master.  I've begun my second girl, on a 12X12 canvas and I am loving it.  That will be the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment