Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love "Arting"

According to Lucie Halesters brand new dictionary (that she has not gotten printed yet), "arting" is the act of making art--however you do it!!

I have been having a blast arting with all sorts of mixed mediums lately.  I wanted to keep you up-to-date on the newest She Art girl, girl #3 that I actually began late yesterday evening.  As usual, I began with a brand new clean slate!


The possibilities are endless!

Here is what I completed before bedtime:


This one has a whole different feel to it.  Not quite so vintagy as the last one.  

I copied the sun straight out of Christy Tomlinson's lesson, but the rest of the canvas is all mine.  I wanted to have the house in there, so I paper-pieced one using Crate Paper Pink Plum papers.  I also re-used some vellum musical notes from 7 Gypsies.

I added a tree limb using my Crafter's Workshop mini Birds of a Feather template.  I mixed dark brown paint with some Liquitex coarse texture gel, and the results are fabulous.  The tree limb is really gritty and textured.  Perfect.  

I used my clementine packaging to add texture to lots of other spots all over the canvas-the grass, the sky, the sun.  

Then I thought I would paint one of my Sizzix embossing folders and lay that on the sun, and that turned out wonderful.  

And you can barely make out a slight harlequin area painted on the left of the canvas--I thought it would just add some nice color and texture.  So I did that using School Bus yellow FolkArt paint mixed with that coarse texture medium and my mini Harlequin Crafter's Workshops template.  Worked beautifully.  

I will continue working on this new palette tomorrow afternoon and adding pictures as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I wanted to give you the link for Christy Tomlinson's site.  She is a phenomenal teacher and I wanted to give her credit for the She Art Workshop 1 class that I am taking, which is giving me some awesome techniques and inspiration for my She Art girls.  Even if you don't sign up to take a class with her right away, at least visit her blog and start getting to know a little bit about her.  Once you get on the mailing list, you might get invited to take some of her classes for a discounted price.  That's how I jumped on board!  Her classes are loaded with videos and pdfs to get your creative juices flowing.  Out of respect for Christy as an artist, and because it would be illegal to do so, I am not allowed to teach you her techniques, because they are copyrighted.  But I do encourage you to read her blog, enter into the her world, sign up for her classed, and watch how you will personally grow as an artist. 
 Here is her link:

I promise you won't walk away empty handed from this class, but loaded with fresh techniques and inspiration.  Her shop is loaded with fun products too!  And you will want some, to participate in the fun arting she does!

More posting soon!  Blessings and don't forget to go Shine it Forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment