Friday, March 2, 2012

Clean Slate for My She Art

Picture, if you will, a 12 inch by 12 inch white, canvas, blank slate.  That is what I started with to make my She Art Girl #2.  Below is how i wallpapered the canvas with decoupage and vellum, and beautiful patterened papers from Crate Paper Pink Plum collection, 7 Gypsies Ecriture Avignon paper (thats the white script on green background) and Orchestra Avignon paper (that's the musical notes paper). I also used a bunch of acrylic paints mixed with liquitex coarse testure gel and for added dimension, I used a couple of pieces of mesh (one came from a bag of clementines).  I made my own caged bird stamps out of thick foam run through the Vagabond and that turned out great as a background stamp.  Here's what it looked like before I added a ton of texture to it:


I have begun cutting out my Girl #2 pieces.  Here she is--just lovely!  Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  And I see her done in my mind's eye!  I love her as much as Girl #1!


I've got company arriving in a little bit, so probably won't get much more done till tomorrow.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment