Friday, March 23, 2012

Finally Done with Dining Room Canvas Art #1

Hey everyone, I know it's been a few weeks since my last update.  I was busy working!  I mean working at my "paid" job!  I am starting my busy time of year at church!  It runs from mid-March through the mid-August.  So hopefully I will be able to keep myself motivated to CREATE and BLOG in-between all my activities.  Oh, and did I say busy??  I am also on the AfterProm Committee  for my kid's high school, and the Treasurer for the Boys Lacrosse Team.  And Lacrosse just started!!!  It is probably more fun for me than football because my son actually plays on the LAX team and does not play football (but I really love football).  And I so love LAX, even though I don't know any of the rules.
So yesterday was Elliott's first Varsity game ever and he got to start and played almost the whole game and even scored!  I am sooooooooooooooo proud of him!  He somehow tore his brand new cleats and so today, dad and I went to Dick's and exchanged them for brand new ones since they were barely 1.5 months old.  No problem except he'll have to break them in again!  And so we bought him some blister protectors for his feet since tomorrow, Saturday, is his second varsity game!  Can't wait.

So today, I finally finished the last details on my Dining Room Art Canvas made with mixed media and I sooooooo love it.  I even took it outside in the full sun to photograph it so you could see every detail clearly:

I loved this project.  You will have to go back a few posts to see the detailed pics of how this was done.  I will now begin the second one, which will be similar in style, but NOT identical.  It will match because they will be hung in my dining room to frame the entrance into the living room.  It is a unique piece that I came up with on my own, though I used techniques learned from numerous people, including my girl Christy Tomlinson!

In a future post, I will outline my first creative venture using a wooden slate instead of canvas.  It came out beautiful too!

So I think I am ready to take on orders.  If you are interested, in this type of mixed media or some sort of other memory keeping product, email me at LucieScraps2Shine@gmail.com.  Also, don't forget that I sell for Memory Works and they just came out with their new summer line of papers and embellishments and tools, so click on my link on this blog and I will be happy to take those orders as well as any you may have for me for original pieces of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment