Saturday, March 31, 2012

More Art Journaling

Ah, another week of paradise!  Well almost!  I spent the week at church, preparing loads of behind-the-scenes stuff for our 2012 VBS Concert in July.  I am way ahead of schedule, but there is always so much to do to prep for that.  So, since I am preparing to teach our kids about Jesus, it is almost like I really was in "paradise."

Then, in the afternoons, I spent my time going to 3 LAX games and on Wednesday, to church for Family Night and Girls Clubs.

Friday, I spent the entire day cleaning and organizing my office and my studio.   Boy, did I feel a sense of accomplishment after that feat!

Here's a pic of what my dining room now looks like:


NICE!!!

If you'd seen how full of my artsy stuff this table was last week, you'd realize why looking at it now, all shiny and clear of anything, is such a big deal.

Everything is now nicely stored in my basement studio, ready for my next thrilling project, which will probably be a continuation of Christy Tomlinson's class on Creative Color.  I'm ready for some more canvas painting!  

Oh, I am also dabbling in my Art Journal.  Thursday night, after the loss of Newark High to William Penn, I was not particularly inspired!  Strange, right?  When am I ever NOT inspired.  Anyway, I just wanted to play with paints so this is what I did:


Nothing too thrilling here.  No She Art girls.  But I did use 3 of my new cheapo "My Studio" acrylic paints.  And the blue one is my new Claudine Hellmuth NOT cheap acrylic paint.  I love the consistency of her paints.  For my mixed media, Christy says we can use the cheap stuff to create the background layers, so that's why I invested 50 cents per bottle on 6 cheapo ones.  And the Claudine paints were a steal on Blitzy--I just had to get the small 4 oz. bottle of all 15 colors.  Did you know that with the right combination of colors, I you can get 51 colors out of the 15 paints???  That is so cool.  

I'm headed down to my clean and organized studio to make some fun art.  I will share a great "find" I found in Dover today, during a later post.  I just don't have the patience to write more right now.  

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment