Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Worries

God sure has blessed the Delmarva region this Easter season!  The weather has been gorgeous.  Beautiful blue skies and crisp 60 degree weather.  A bit chilly for laying out in the sun, but perfect for walking the doggies:

This weekend has also been wonderful for my creative heart.  I had such a busy week at work getting ready for our Easter service and then preparing materials for the two weeks after Easter because I will be on vacation next week, that I did not have a chance to craft at all till Thursday night. 

Thursday was extra fun because I invited my dear friend to come over and play with me.  We both started with blank canvases and had a fun time just creating a scene for ourselves out of nothing!  
I frankly had not given much thought to where I was going to go, but knew I wanted to play with acrylic paints and many of my mediums to create texture on the canvas.  

This is this what I did:


Title:  No Worries!

I found a perfect verse in God's Word and I just love how all the the shading pops off the page.  A complete random assortment of leaves and birds and butterflies!  And even my clock in the bottom right side fits.  The verse is found in Matthew 6:26-28.  It is long, but I took key words:  Look at the birds of the air . . . . See how the lilies of the field grow. . . . .  Are you not much more valuable than they? 

These words follow, but are not on the canvas:  which of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?  Hence the clock on the bottom right.  Though I didn't know at the time, that this would be the words I'd choose for this piece of art.  It is just a God-thing!  

Now I am off to either begin a new project or to play with a couple of other projects I have in the works.  

May God bless you and yours this Easter--the most important holiday of our faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment