Sunday, April 15, 2012

Late Afternoon Crafting

On Tuesday this past week, I received a gift I was not expecting:


A pair of scissors may not mean much to you, but I love scissors, almost as much as pens and all my multi-media products.  But these scissors are especially special to me because they are a gift for me, directly from Fiskars, simply for becoming a Fiskateer last year.  Why am I just getting them now??  I don't know.  I didn't even know that they would be sending me some new orange and lime green scissors (my favorite colors) in a really cool olive green burlap bag!  I just love them though and feel real blessed to have them.  So thank you Fiskars! 

But here's something that is extra special about this specific gift:


Can you read what is engraved?  It says: Fiskateer #8263.  These scissors are exclusive for me, stamped with my official Fiskateers ID number!!!  I am officially part of a community of creative people who love sharing their passion for crafting!!!  Hot-diggity Dogg!!!  Ain't I somethin'!!!

Here's another cool thing:  The box the scissors came in was a really nice, sturdy box, that I decoupaged with wrapping paper and will use as a box canvas for a major piece of art.  It is almost the traditional 6X12X2 size canvas that Christy Tomlinson loves so much.  It is actually 6.5 X 11.5 X 3, but that is close enough for me.  So here is my progress so far on this new art piece.  I will call this piece my IBS Art.  And no, it does not stand for irritable bowel syndrome!  

No, it is much grander than that!  
It stands for Inspire, Believe, Soar!  

I will write more about that in a future post.  Perhaps when I get closer to completing this project, or when I've completed it!  
Right now, the canvas is calling me.  It has a lovely layer of primary yellow mixed with coarse texture gel, and it will be further texturized in the next few hours.  This is a wonderful project for my last day of vacation.  Tomorrow I go back to work and have a lot to accomplish in the coming weeks.  


Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment