Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Craft Project

After a long, cold morning and early afternoon of Car Washing for the Newark High School Men's Lacrosse team, I am happy to say I came home and still had the energy and desire to finish my craft sample for the Newark AfterProm Party next month!  I will show you a pic of the completed project but you must promise not to divulge a peep about it to any Junior or Senior from Newark High School!  They are not supposed to know the theme until they walk in the doors of the school.

Here it is:


This is a 5X7 chalkboard. I painted it with Paint Dabbers, which dried in about 5 minutes, then hot glued thick twine around 3 sides of the chalkboard.  Then I added a bunch of "game elements" on two sides, and some letters to the top.  The kids will be able to pick from one of 3 Paint Dabber colors, and they can pick from 10 different game pieces.  They also will be able to personalize the chalkboard however they wish, with up to 14 sticky letters.  Lastly, they will be given 2 sticks of chalk to start them off on their old fashioned tablets!

It is a quite "retro" craft, as these days, most kids don't get to use chalkboards ever.  Most have electronic tablets, instead of the old chalk ones.  But I think it turned out real cute!  Let me know what you think about this craft.  And if you have ideas for me for next year, I would love to hear those ideas too.  Next Spring will be my last AfterProm Craft as Elliott will be graduating and my kids' high school years will be officially over.  I'm sure I will look back on these years and remember them fondly.  I have no regrets about my involvement in my kids' lives!!!

Oh, and for the record, the Lacrosse team worked real hard today in very cold temps, to wash a grand total of 53 cars.  Between the cars that were washed, the snacks that were donated and sold, and the amazing generosity of so many people that gave big tips, we made $533.25.  I am, however, glad that this fundraiser is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment