Friday, April 27, 2012

Collaging Day!

My son left for Salt Lake City, Utah today.  He is competing in a DECA challenge.  DECA is an international Business and Entrepreneurial organization, with over 180,000 high school and college members that offers competitions in finance, business, and management fields.  Elliott competed at the state conference in February, and came in First Place in Finance and Marketing.  So today he flew out, with 3 of his DECA and Lacrosse buddies to represent his school and the state of DE!!!  I am so proud of him.  They will meet up with one other buddy while out there.  That buddy is in IL competing with the Business and Professional Association!  



I spent the rest of the day, once I dropped Ell off, just reading my blogs, watching technique shows on the internet, and cutting out things from magazines to collage in my Living Canvas new journal, which I will be using a lot next month, when I take Christy Tomlinson's Your Living Canvas class.  I'm feeling the empty nest right now.  Have tons of projects to work on, but not too much more motivated than just collaging.  This will have to do.  

Tomorrow is Lacrosse Car Wash day at the high school.  I feel compelled to be there all day because I am a Booster officer and because Ell won't be there doing his part for the team.  But it makes for a long, day.  I hope it's sunnier and warmer than last year!  I don't even know what I will bring for the bakery sale.  Again, not motivated to cook either!  I miss my son!  But I'm so happy for him.  He is thrilled to be going to away.  When he returns next Wednesday night, he will leave that same day for Boston, to do a "remote shoot" with his Newark High School Camera Crew.  That will be fun too.  Ell is so excited about that as well.  All in all, he will be gone 10 days!  


No comments:

Post a Comment