Monday, April 16, 2012

IBS Art!

Ok, so in case you missed my post yesterday, I am going to re-post the original "canvas" for my newest
Inspire Believe Soar Art!  I love the vibrant colors, can you tell?


I also love the texture.  It is most definitely NOT smooth!  I decoupaged wrapping paper onto the box and it was all wrinkly and left beautiful ridges. Then I added coarse texture gel medium to the yellow acrylic paint and it gave it a nice grippy feel to the box.  

Next came the fun painting, starting with the orange colors on top of the yellow:


Now some more shades of orange and some reds and some more yellows.  These are the happiest colors for me!


 And I just kept adding layers until I was happy.  The red hearts are diecut fabric.  The other hearts are diecut doilies that I misted and painted with my Faber Castell pens.  

 

What do you think?  Leave me a comment!


2 comments:

  1. i love it! so bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It was quick and fun to do. Not as messy as I usually get!

      Delete