Monday, March 26, 2012

Joyously "Arting"

Why is "arting" not a real word?  It should be.  It's my word!  It means "making art."

I had a wonderful weekend, despite the rainy start to Saturday at Elliott's LAX game, arting with my many distress inks and stamps and alcohol inks.  I am taking the brand new, Tim Holtz Chemistry 101 class and it is loads of fun to try everything he tells us about.  Now, I can't do everything because believe it or not, there are still some Ranger products that I do not yet own.  Today is day 6 of the class and it is all about those fancy, smanzy Distress markers that cost $120 to own the set.  I have a practically new set of Copic markers, which were also very expensive 2 years ago (I got them at my very first CKC in Valley Forge), and I also have a an expensive set of Big Brush pens from Faber Castell, so I won't be investing in Tim Holtz set anytime soon.  But they are really cool.

So here are 2 pics of some of the techniques I've experimented with since taking this class:

so SORRY it came out kind of blurry!

And here is pic #2:


Now Tim uses Ranger glossy paper for this, but that is one of the things I do not own, so I used glossy photo paper, and it worked beautifully.  When I do lessons 4-6 today, I will check the forum to see what others have written about that.

There's still time for you to sign up to take that class, and you get lifetime access to all the videos and pdfs, which are awesome.  Go to Tim Holtz's webpage to sign up.  I signed up the first day it was advertised cuz I knew  this was one to NOT miss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment