Saturday, March 24, 2012

Soggy Saturday Sans Oranges!

Well, after last Thursday's Newark HS Boys Lacrosse game, where our boys won 11-8 over St. Georges, today was the complete reverse!  Our boys lost to AI Dupont, 9-1 and Ell didn't get to score at all, but he did start and played a huge chunk of time.  It was cold, rainy and just miserable.  To make matters worse, yesterday, I had the audacity to buy this:


I got this awesome, big box at Costco, thinking I would cut them up and bring them for the boys to have at half-time during their game today.  But being new to the team, and not knowing the lay of the land, I thought it best to write to the coach to ask if, in fact, I could bring them.  I also cc'd the Boosters president, who agreed with me that it was a fine idea but to wait to hear what the coach thought.  

When Ell got home at 6, I told him I was waiting to hear from the coach and he immediately replied with "Wait, What?!!  You're kidding, right, Mom?  You didn't really write to coach, did you?"  I was surprised and taken back by that string of questioning.  And said I was not kidding.  To that, he threw his hands up and covered his face and said, "Noooooooooooo.  The coach is always going on and on about our team NOT being the kind of team that has fun and eats oranges at half-time and loses!  He wants us to be serious and play hard and win!"  

OOOOOPPPPSSSS!

I was just trying to be nice.  Man, did I blow it.  The worst part is I don't want the coach to think badly of Elliott.  This may reflect poorly on his character!  As a junior, still green on the Varsity team, he does not need my meddling to reflect poorly on him. 

Ell said that I should have run it by him first, and he would have told me if it was ok to run by the coach! I would have saved him and me some embarrassment if I'd done so!  

I felt so bad, I cried. 

I felt so bad, I didn't even want to surf the net, or take my Tim Holtz class or talk to anyone after that!

Thankfully, I didn't have to talk to anyone.  

I did, however, take myself downstairs to the studio, and gathered up some of my beloved mixed media products, and sat myself down to create an art journal two-pager with a new She Art girl!  I love her and I love my finished product!



I was going to journal about all the above, but then I decided not to.  I knew I would blog about it so why contaminate my beautiful art with the sadness in my heart.  And how do you artistically portray poor judgement and embarrassment anyway?  So instead, my rub-on words say"Must have Hopes, Dreams, Ambitions, and Purpose." 

There's lots of other things I must have, but I didn't have rub-ons for those thoughts or emotions.  And I didn't want to "write" in my own handwriting on my art.  So I left it at that!  

And that is that for today.

Now that I am home, and my toesies have begun to warm up again, and we have no plans for today, I will probably get caught up on my online classes and maybe art journal later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment