Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's National Scrapbooking Day 2012!

Yahoo!  
What a great day to be alive and to CREATE and RECORD memories!

I'm going to try to post things today but will also be busy making stuff, so don't hold me to my own posts.  Instead, visit the links on Nancy Nally's site and come play along with us!

Oh, since I did start my projects last night, AND took a picture, I will post that.  It is two 4.5X4.5 canvases that I painted for Shawn's mom for her birthday next Wednesday:


And I also made this cute little bookmark because she loves to read real books:


It's hard to capture the true richness of the colors when I'm photographing in the studio, even with extra lights!!!  The blue is a deep teal, very nice.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints.  I love them because they are translucent.  The tag has a stamp of flowers in the back which shows through in person, but not on this photo.  Hmmmmm!  Maybe it's the photographer and her cell phone camera that are the real problems here, not the lighting!!  Ha ha.  Oh Well!  It would take a thousand years for me to upload my Canon pics, so I guess we will just have to live with the lackluster quality of the HTC Incredible cameraphone, so you can see my work quickly. 

Bye bye for now!  
Off to craft away the day, and to grab a box of kleenix--I have a cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment