Friday, May 25, 2012

It's Almost Beach Time!

Yes, indeed!  I love the beach.  I could just sit there for hours, listening to the ocean, and catching the winds blowing, and relaxing with a good book or magazine!  It forces me to slow down.  I truly dream of living on a beach someday!

My dear friend's birthday was yesterday, and this year, I decided to make her a She Art painting with a beach scene.  Karen and her family love the great outdoors.  They usually go to lakes a lot in the summer and truly enjoy all the boating and frolicking by the water.  I thought she'd enjoy this summer painting.

I started by decoupaging some vellum paper and some patterned paper on my 8X10 canvas:


Sorry about the awful lighting.  The pics were taken down in my studio, late at night, with my cell phone cuz that was handy.  I also had very tacky hands from all the gluing!  

Next, I spent some time making the elements that would go on my canvas, including my two She Art girls.  The canvas is small, so the girls had to be tiny.  So that made the details difficult to cut and paint.  But here are some of the pieces I put together:


All these pieces were cut from either fabric (the umbrella and towels) or stickers placed on chipboard (the surf board and palm tree), or paper (girls. plane [stamped], sun, and banner).

Then the fun part was putting everything on and stamping and painting some more!  Here is the finished project!


I was really under the gun to get this mailed to her in time for her bday, so I didn't take the time to take close up pics, but you get the jist.  

Here are pic of the birthday card I made to go with the painting.  It was one of my all-time favorite cards.  Took forever to make cuz of all the pieces:



And the inside of the card: 



Happy Memorial day to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment