Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year End Project: Perpetual Calendar

I was snooping around on Pintrest this week, looking for 8 1/2 X 11 size printable calendars, when I came across an article that had a lovely perpetual calendar.  The author and blogger is Andrea Brand, and her blog is titled Charcoal and Crayons.  I simply fell in love with her version.  See her link and directions here:  http://charcoalandcrayons.blogspot.com/2011/04/jute-calender.html





I had already purchased a plain wooden frame at my local Goodwill store for $2.00 and did not know quite what I would use it for.  Certainly not for plain 'ol pictures!!!  So this is what it looked like before I did my altering.

I took the whole thing apart and following Andrea's directions, painstalkingly cut up my jute and adhered it to the mat, in a criss-cross fashion.  I then cut a piece of burlap, and adhered it to the lower part of the frame.  I added days-of-the-week letters and "notes" to the mat because those won't change over the year.  Once I got the mats put together under the glass, I used dry erase markers to add the month, days, year, a few snow flakes, and a message.  I love the way it turned out!  

Here's a close of of the jute under the glass:



I'm still thinking about painting the frame or altering it with textured tissue paper or something snazzy, but mostly, I'm just glad I got yet another project done this year! It feels good to do fun projects like this!  

Got a bunch of awesome books about art journaling for Christmas, so I will be reading and art journaling a lot in 2013!  

Wishing all who visit my blog a bountiful and blessed new year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment