Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Blank State

I have recently been having a fun time working on some cool home decor projects; so much fun that it's kept me from blogging.  But now I am enjoying this project so much, that I decided to blog about it as I go.

I am working on 2 canvas art pieces for my dining room walls, and will be using a mixed media approach.  That means that it will entail the use of various elements:  acrylic paints, decoupage, patterned papers, fabric and lace, stamps, masks, and mists.  I'm excited to see where the Spirit leads on this one!

So first up, the blank canvas, stretched and pre-gessoed for my convenience, it is 16 X 20:


Pretty cool, huh!  A bit intimidating at first!  But, oh so many possibilities!

Next up, the partially painted canvas, using regular FolkArt paints, Country Twill, Bayberry, Tapioca, Sunflower, and one Delta Ceramcoat Trail Tan:


Stunning, I know!!!

The finished canvas next: 


So now the fun begins tonight.  I will begin playing on the freshly painted canvas and update the blog until I finish!  



No comments:

Post a Comment