Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I am a New Fiskateer!

Today, I completed my registration and introduction into a new affiliation for me:  The Fiskateers!!!
Here is some history about this group:

The Fiskateers are a community of  passionate crafters that love to shine a spotlight on their handiwork, and talk openly about the tools they use to create it!  This community was spearheaded by the Fiskars company in 2005.  They originally recruited 4 very talented ladies from different places, with different crafting styles, to begin blogging about their lives, sharing projects and craft demos, building relationships, and spreading the Fiskars love.  As more passionate crafters joined this community, each new Fiskateer was given their very own number, and claimed it as a badge of ownership in the growing movement! The community also claimed Fiskars’ famous orange as they began dressing the part and finding new and creative ways to visually proclaim their place in Fiskateer history!

In 2008, in an effort to engage Fiskateers across the US, Fiskars let each Lead Fiskateer plan and host her own “Fiskafriendzy.” These regional, offline events helped Fiskateers from all over the country get together, share some quality crafting time, and have loads of Fisk-a-Fun!

As a brand new Fiskateer, I will be attending my very first "Fiskaparty" on 10/22/11, where I will meet some of the Leads and learn some techniques using some of my favorite Fiskars tools! 

I am so happy about this brand new addition of credentials to my crafting expertise!  Can't wait to share what I learn with you guys!
PunchesShape CuttingCraft Paper TrimmersEmbossing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment