Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Bloggin for Me

I've been given permission to guest blog about crafty things on my Pastor's church blog!!!  Isn't that cool?  I think so.  He called it Onesimus3 because he wanted Pastor Ben, our Youth Pastor, and me, the Children's Ministries Director, to blog on it.  But I never have.  Mostly because when I blog, I usually am blogging about some form of artistic expression that I am trying out, or I giving  some some of tutorial for a new project.  I never dreamed Pastor would let me blog about creative stuff.  But he thinks it will be a good way to add another element to that blog.  So I will be occasionally contributing things there!

Here's the link:  www.onesimus3.blogger.com

I case you don't get there, though, here is a picture of my most recent Art Journal, and this is what I just blogged about at Onesimus3:


This entry is only the second one in my hardbound black art journal.  I used a book that I altered and that I love, because of how sturdy it is.  The tree was made out of corrugated cardboard, with a die from the Tim Holtz collection of dies.  I die cut a gazzillion little leaves from a QuickCutz die.  I then adhered each one of the leaves to the branches of the tree, with a glue pen.  The background was misted with two different Crafter's Workshop stencils and a mixture of tattered angels and dylusions inks.  I also did a bunch of stamping using some Tim Holtz stamps and Archival inks.

The journaling says this:

August 13th:  there is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven.  Eccl 3:1
How true are these words. Our season of drought is coming to an end after 9 1/2 months. I thank the Lord for His mercy and grace. Shawn starts his brand new, full-time job tomorrow.  We are so blessed!  Thank You Jesus!

Amen!

I'm looking forward to posting more art journal entries in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment